I Want an Eichler

While Hubby dominated the TV with all things World Cup this weekend, I spent my time imagining myself in an Eichler home. Joseph Eichler was a developer whose company built a number of communities in California in the late 50's, early 60's. Now, these homes are GORGEOUS! Planned and thought out and built in the exact kind of way that I'd like to live. The homes typically featured post and beam construction with glass walls. Open floor plans with A-frame roofs and one of my favorite features, an interior atrium or gallery which "brings the outside in". Here are a few restored Eichlers (as they are called) to drool over. By the way, they actually sell floor plans starting at $4500.

Via Pinterest

Via EichlerSoCal





Via Orange Review

Via wsj.com
Via LA Times
Via LA Times

Via LA Times
Via Apartment Therapy

Via Apartment Therapy


2 comments:

I love this style!!! Wish I could live in an Eichler world! Love your blog!

I dream about living in one hahaha! And thanks!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More